FCA-COC is a community of over 70 artists from the central Okanagan area, that includes emerging artists through to highly proficient professional artists. Through peer support and mutual encouragement our aim is to promote the artistic development and professional advancement of our members.
Member benefits include opportunities to participate in:
- Regional and international art competitions
- Monthly meetings including talks and demonstrations by guest artists
- Drawing and painting as a group
- Promoting your artwork through our website and art shows
The FCA-COC is pleased to announce the first of what will become an annual event in the Okanagan.
The Okanagan Art Show and Inspirational Symposium will be held in May 2014 and will be comprised of an Art Show and a Symposium.
The Art Show will hang in the Galleria of the Rotary Centre for the Arts in downtown Kelowna for the month of May and will exhibit approximately 60 artworks from members of the North, South and Central Okanagan Chapters of the FCA. Awards will be juried by three Signature members of the FCA.
An Opening Reception will be held on Friday, May 9th, 7pm to 9pm in the Atrium of the RCA. All are welcome!
Mary Irwin Theatre, Rotary Centre for the Arts (RCA), 421 Cawston Avenue, Kelowna.
Saturday, May 10th, 2014, 9 am to 4 pm.
Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA) Guest Artists:
- Rick McDiarmid, SFCA, NWWS (www.paintedlightart.com). Topic: “Transitions” - a presentation blending my personal journey with some thoughts on the changing dynamics of art production, art distribution and art appreciation.
- Suzanne Northcott, SFCA (www.suzannenorthcott.ca). Topic: Finding your own creative voice.
- David Langevin, SFCA (www.davidlangevin.com). Topic: Success in the art market, it ain't about the art.
- Dennis Weber, SFCA (www.webergallery.com). Open critique session for symposium attendees. Bring a painting of your own that you would like to have critiqued or just listen in on Dennis's helpful advice to other artists.
Tickets: $25 each,available at the RCA Box Office at 421 Cawston Avenue, Kelowna, by phone 250-717-5304 or on-line at www.selectyourtickets.com (Recommended to anyone with an interest in the Visual Arts)..
Click Here for Detailed Symposium Itinerary
Morning Session - Guest Artists presentations followed by a panel style discussion with questions from the audience.
Noon - Award presentation for Okanagan Art Show.
Afternoon Session - Guest Artists will demonstrate their work in separate sessions. Dennis Weber, SFCA, will host an open critique for Symposium attendees who wish to bring in a painting.
Notice to Central Okanagan Chapter members only: You can purchase one Symposium ticket for a discounted price of $10 (regular $25) by going to the RCA front desk in person or by phoning (250-717-5304) and letting them know that you are a COC member. No discount is available if you pay on-line.
Painting the Portrait from Life with Ingrid Christensen.
Not a Member Yet?
May/June Painting of the Month
by Lorraine Burns
FCA-COC Members Competition
To see all entries for the competition, click here.
To enter for the combined months of July and August, 2014 Click here:
Painting of the Month
The Pleasant Pear Orchard B&B
R. Bruce Telford Consulting
Prospera Credit Union
Jesse East Realtor
Rotary Club of Kelowna